The Alpine Club offers a variety of gear for loan and rent to members.
- Most items are $5.00 per weekend and $10.00 per week with the exception of transceivers and tents which are $10.00 per weekend and $20.00 per week for the four-man tent and $20.00 per person per week for the Space Station tents.
- Payment in advance and in some cases a deposit of $20 cash per item is required together also with a signed release of liability.
- There is no rental charge for equipment taken out by trip leaders on training exercises.
- Early reservations are recommended.
- If a reservation is not cancelled by at least 24 hours notice to the Gear Manager the Rental will be a debt owing to the Club, subject to the discretion of the Gear Manager in exceptional circumstances,and no further gear will be rented to the member until the debt is paid.
- Scheduled club trips hold priority over non-scheduled trips and may bump reservations for non-scheduled trips.
- There will be a $5.00 per day late charge if the rental is overdue by more than 24 hours.
Available equipment: (11/11/09)
- Belay Device - 1 Clog figure of 8.
- Bivy Bag - 2 bags, one of which is by Gortex Integral Designs
- Carabiners - 12 regular, 3 locking.
Crampons - 2 pairs of older-style crampons.
- Crampons - 3 Grivel adjustable, 6 miscellaneous strap on.
- Food dehydrator and trays
- Gaiters - 1 pair light duty, 1 pair snow gaiters.
- Harnesses - 2 adult, 2 kid's ( kid's harnesses and helmets are free but with a refundable deposit of $20 per set).
- Helmets - 6 adult, 2 kid's.
- Ice axes -12.
- Ice tools - 3.
- Packs -1 interior frame, 1 exterior frame.
- Personal locator beacon (can only be taken out by trip leaders).
- Pickets - 3 aluminum.
- Pots - 1 set.
- Probes - 10.
- Pulley - 1.
- Radios - 4 Uniden CB radios for use on club trips only.
- Rock shoes - 1 pair size 8.
- Rock gear - miscellaneous antique pitons, hammers, nuts etc.
- Ropes - 3 8.5mm, 2 11mm ( ropes can only be taken out by trip leaders).
- Shears - 1 brush pruning shear.
- Skis - 1 set of telemark skis and skins
Skis - 1 set Kazama 218 cm cross country skis with Voile bindings
- Skis - 1 set Trak - Alta cross country skis, 205 cm with 3 pin bindings and size 9 1/2 boots and skins.
- Skis - 1 pair Karpor Fishscale Cross Country Track Skis - 190cm
- Skis - 1 pair Rossignol Fishscale Cross Country Track Skis - 210 cm
Skis - 1 pair Rossignol Down Hill skis with down hill binding -180 cm ( These would be ideal for conversion to AT skis and can be purchased outright)
Ski boots - 1 pair size 46 Cross Country 3 pin boots
Ski boots - 1 pair Scarpa plastic telemark boots, size 10
Ski boots - 1 pair leather ski mountaineering boots -size 9 1/2.
Ski boots - 1 pair leather cross country ski boots size 44.
Ski poles - 2 sets of cross country ski poles.
Slings - 12 5m prussics, 7 2m prussics, 12 3m webbing.
Snow anchors - 1 SMC, 2 DMM, etc.
Snow saw - 1.
Snow shovels - 10.
Snow shoes - 4 sets.
Tents - 1 4-man, 2 Mountain Hardwear Space Station 6-metre dome tents.
Transceivers - 10 Arva 3 antenna digital transceivers (8 in Victoria, 2 in Courtenay)
Wands - 46 bamboo.
Waxes - Miscellaneous waxes.
The gear manager...
Most of the equipment is stored with the Gear Manager in Victoria. Please arrange to have the gear picked up at his house.
Mike Hubbard: 250-370-1096, cell 250-888-8370, email (
Up island transceiver/avi-kit rentals from Tim Turay (
Last Updated ( Saturday, 22 June 2013 00:23 )