BASIC FEE: The basic fee is for membership in three organizations:
- Vancouver Island Section of the Alpine club of Canada (ACC)
- National level of the ACC
- Federation of Mountain Clubs of British Columbia (FMBC)
Our local section offers mountaineering trips, a variety of social events, and publishes newsletters and an annual, The Island Bushwhacker.
The national membership entitles you to the following:
- quarterly national newsletters
- affiliation with Union Internationale d'Association Alpinistes (UIAA)
- member rates on ACC publications and maps
- member rates at the Canadian Alpine Centre at Lake Louise
- access to all nationally run camps
- programs and treks
- comprehensive liability insurance while participating in ACC activities
Through the FMCBC we have a stronger voice to deal with issues common to outdoor groups (eg.environmental and access concerns).
ACC FACILITIES UPGRADE: Choosing a facilities upgrade with your ACC membership entitles you to member rates at all ACC huts and the Canmore Clubhouse. In addition you are entitled to 6 month advance booking privileges to ensure there is space in your favourite hut.
CANADIAN ALPINE JOURNAL: The CAJ has been published annually since 1906 and features excellent articles and photos describing the achievements of Canadian climbers around the world. It is wonderful reading.
COMPLETE UPGRADE: Choosing the complete upgrade entitles you to all the benefits listed above.
For more membership information contact the membership coordinator: